How can I tell if my saline breast implant is deflated?
You will notice that one breast is either completely flat or the upper part of the breast has changed and is smaller than its counterpart.
What should I do if my saline breast implant goes flat?
When a breast implant deflates the initial reaction is typically panic. The saline in your breast implants is sterile and will naturally reabsorb into your body. Saline breast implants are not lifetime devices and eventually will need to be replaced. A deflated saline breast implant can be exchanged with a routine procedure.
There are often options that come along with a breast implant deflation. If you are unhappy with your breast implant size, a breast implant deflation may be an opportunity to change sizes. If you want to change from saline implant to silicone implants, a breast implant deflation may make this more affordable.
Tips regarding saline breast implant deflation:
What you should do if you have a deflated saline breast implant:
- Do not panic. Although a major inconvenience, this is not a medical emergency.
- Contact The Sullivan Centre during office hours to schedule an appointment. During this appointment, Dr. Sullivan will discuss your options
- Do not take any over the counter medications that contain aspirin products as this may delay surgery. Tylenol products do not contain aspirin and are Ok to use.
- Think about your breast size prior to your office appointment. Are you happy with the size?
- If you have saline breast implants, would you consider changing to silicone?
- You can “stuff “ your bras with an old bathing suit insert to even out your breasts.
What we will do if your breast implant deflates:
- We will schedule an office visit as soon as possible. Although there is not an immediate health concern with saline a deflated implant, we understand that it is emotionally uncomfortable.
- We will provide you with a small implant to place in your bra until you have your breast implant replacement surgery.
- We will contact the implant manufacturer and determine if you have any implant financial warranty available.
- We will provide you with a fee schedule and assist you in scheduling your procedure as quickly as possible.
Real Patient Review
My Dr. took a generous amount of time counseling me before the surgery, both regarding my reasoning, expectations, and proper fit. She is very easy to talk to, and will continue to monitor my healing progress. I feel as though I could call her at any time, and receive personal, and caring advise.
-posted on Realself.com third party review site
What Customers are saying…
Very Happy to Be Natural Again! – Columbus, OH
Dr Sullivan is the best!!! Dr Sullivan spent a long time talking to me about my expectations with removing the implants. Thank you!!!!
37 Year Old Mom of 3! – Columbus, OH
Dr. Chris was amazing! She has a very laid back, friend, funny personality. Very upfront about the procedure and results. I would highly recommend her to anyone!