Columbus Breast Reduction
Women with uncomfortably large breasts or whose large breasts have begun to droop or sag from age, pregnancy or heredity, can now choose to make a healthy change. Breast reduction Columbus, Ohio surgery, also called reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure that removes excess breast tissue and skin, lifting your breasts and making them more proportional to the rest of your body. Who better to perform breast reduction Columbus, Ohio surgery than a board certified female plastic surgeon?
Why have breast reduction surgery?
- To have smaller, firmer breasts consider breast reduction surgery
- To alleviate back, neck, and shoulder pain consider breast reduction surgery
- To eliminate shoulder grooving consider breast reduction surgery
- To alleviate irritated skin from beneath your breasts consider breast reduction surgery
- To exercise without the weight of your breasts making it uncomfortable consider breast reduction surgery
- To engage in normal physical activity consider breast reduction surgery.
- To be able to better fit into bras consider breast reduction surgery.
You will discuss all your individual pre and post-operative needs with our team of nurses during your comprehensive pre-operative appointment.
Breast Reduction Procedure:
The specific method for your breast reduction is determined by your anatomy and your goals. During the procedure, Dr. Sullivan removes the excess breast tissue, fat, and skin. Then she shifts your nipple and areola to a higher position. The areola are often reduced in size. The nipples and areolas usually remain attached to their underlying tissue to preserve your ability to breast feed, although it’s not guaranteed.
At The Sullivan Centre, we always put safety first. Our ambulatory surgical center has been licensed by the State of Ohio and accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). We have achieved a near zero percent infection rate. Furthermore, we only use board certified anesthesiologists for all of our operations.
The breast reduction procedure may be performed at The Sullivan Centre and will take approximately two to four hours under anesthesia. The breast reduction surgery is performed on an outpatient basis, therefore you can recover in the comfort of your own home. Most women can return to work in one week and can resume normal exercise in a few weeks.
All individual pre and post-operative needs will be discussed with our nursing team during your comprehensive pre-operative appointment.
Breast Reduction Post-Op Results:
Following surgery, gauze dressings will be placed on your breasts under a surgical bra that you will have to wear for a few weeks. Within the first week after surgery, you will be able to move about more comfortably. After a few months you can expect:
- Following breast reduction surgery your breasts will settle into a more natural shape
- Following breast reduction surgery you will notice relief from neck, back and shoulder pain
- Following breast reduction surgery you will be more comfortable when exercising
- Following breast reduction surgery you will feel more confident in clothing
- Following breast reduction surgery bras will fit better
Real Patient Review
Dr Chris is simply one of a kind. She truly cares about her patients and they’re well being both physically and emotionally. I feel privileged that I got to be her patient and her staff is no different. I would recommend the Sullivan centre to anyone thinking about plastic surgery.
-posted on Realself.com third party review site
What Customers are saying…
Ready to Know What Life is Like with Average Size Breasts! – Columbus, OH
Dr. Chris’s reputation is well deserved. She gave me an honest opinion about my outcome. She is very encouraging and caring.
In Memory of my Grandmother – Columbus, OH
I visited other PS in the Columbus area and felt Dr. Chris and her staff had the most sensitivity and interest in meeting my needs. Other places made me feels like I was at a “Barbie factory” and everyone looked like a model. At the Sullivan Centre, the staff and other patients in the waiting area appeared friendly and fit but not overly focused on body image. There was warmth and receptiveness to my questions. Post surgery the follow up support was there for my physical needs as well as emotional ones – as I wrapped my head around a new body with smaller breasts. My scarring is healing nicely and I can’t believe how the reduction has made me so much more comfortable, especially when exercising – It is like I can actually breathe more deeply without so much weight on my chest!