What Is Volbella?
JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA® with lidocaine is the latest in FDA Approved dermal fillers. Volbella is specifically formulated for treatment for the lips and peri-oral area. This filler is unique in that it is designed not only for gentle restoration of natural looking lip volume, it can also be used for defining lip contours, treating oral commissures, smoothing fine ‘smoker’ lines around the lips and supporting the ‘marionette’ lines down the chin. It is also ideal for accentuating the lips, plump them to add subtle fullness and enhancing the Cupid’s bow.
How do JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA® lip injections work?
Volbella was developed by Allergan, the manufactures of Botox Cosmetic. By using Allergan’s Vycross technology, JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA® with lidocaine is formulated with a combination of high and low molecular weight technology. This more effective cross-linking results in less swelling. The Vycross technology delivers an ultra-smooth gel, which results in a natural look and feel, as well as improved duration.
This unique technology allows Volbella to absorb less water which results in considerably reduced swelling compared to other fillers. Not only is there less downtime, Volbella contains lidocaine which makes Injection treatment more comfortable. Results last up to twelve months.
How long will Juvederm Volbella last?
Recent studies by Allergan report that results can last up to a year.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC with lidocaine is the latest in FDA approved dermal fillers. Volbella is specifically formulated for treatment for the lips and perioral area. This filler is unique in that it is designed not only for gentle restoration of natural looking lip volume, it can also be used for defining lip contours, treating oral commissures, smoothing fine ‘smoker’ lines around the lips and supporting the ‘marionette’ lines down the chin. It is also ideal for accentuating the lips, plump them to add subtle fullness and enhancing the Cupid’s bow.
- One week prior avoid all products containing aspirin, non-steroidal inflammatory medications (Motrin, Advil, Aleve and Ibuprofen) and high doses of Vitamin C and E, as these products may increase your risk of bruising.
- Volbella results are expected to last for up to one year with optimal treatment. Evidence has shown that having a touch up treatment before the product is fully dissipated will enhance the lasting effect.
- The most common side effects are temporary and mild in intensity and include swelling, tenderness, redness and bruising. To minimize the risk of bruising, patients should avoid taking aspirin and other anti-inflammatory agents and Vitamin C and E supplements for one week prior to the injection.
- If the area is uncomfortable, you may use ice for the first 24 hours. Use caution and place a thin piece of fabric between the ice pack and your skin.
- Strenuous exercise, consumption of alcoholic beverages and extended exposure to heat or sun should be avoided for at least 24 hours following the injection.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, please discuss this with Dr. Sullivan prior to your procedure. He may consider prescribing a medication to minimize recurrence.
Ø Before your scheduled appointment, please make sure you eat something. We do not want you to become light-headed with the procedure. Excessive amounts of caffeine may heighten your sensitivity to the injection.
Scheduling: Please contact our office at 614-436-8888 and our reception staff will be happy to assist you with scheduling. Dr. Sullivan schedules injections on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Our Nurse Injectors are available for injections Monday through Friday and occasionally on Saturday.
Fees: All fees are due at the time of your injection appointment.
Dr. Mike Nurse Injector
1.0 syringe: $450 $375
Fees are subject to change with or without notice.
What should I expect after a JUVÉDERM® VOLBELLA® treatment.
Following a Volbella injection there is virtually no swelling or bruising therefore normal daily activities can be resumed immediately after the treatment. You will be provided with an ice pack after the injection, which lessens the redness and swelling. Swelling may cause your lips to evaporate moisture more rapidly. Keep them coated with Chap Stick, Lip balm or Vaseline for 24/48 hours.
How much does Volbella Cost?
Volbella is $375- $450 per syringe. The average patient is happy with one syringe however this will vary based on the needs of the patient.