Skin Resurfacing Options
The Sullivan Centre offers many options for resurfacing your skin. Skin resurfacing in Columbus, Ohio, can remove the outer epidermis, stimulate new skin growth, and remove blemishes or hyperpigmentation. There are many factors that can contribute to skin that has lost its youthfulness. Heredity, nutrition, prescription drug use, pregnancy, illness, injury, the natural process of aging, and repeated or excessive exposure to the sun can each take their toll on skin. This can leave the complexion scarred, uneven, blotchy in color, or dull in appearance.
Skin resurfacing is a popular option for men and women alike who seek to improve the look and feel of skin on their face, neck, hands, and other areas of the body. Most patients focus on the face, neck, and hands. These areas of the body are the most obvious and visible to others. Having smooth, even, fresh-looking skin can increase patients’ confidence and self-esteem.
What conditions can be treated by skin resurfacing?
The conditions that can lead patients to choose a non-surgical skin resurfacing procedure can include:
- Wrinkled or sun-damaged skin
- Wrinkle lines around the eyes
- Fine wrinkling of the eyelids
- Vertical wrinkles around the mouth
- Brown spots or generalized skin blotchiness
- Pre-cancerous skin growths
- Scarring from acne or chicken pox
- Facial scars due to injury
What are my options for skin resurfacing?
Dr. Michael Sullivan may recommend a single skin resurfacing treatment, repeated treatments, or a combination of treatments. It all depends on your goals.
The types of treatments range from chemical peels to microdermabrasion to laser skin resurfacing. Each method removes layers of skin, which allows new, healthy layers of skin to develop and move to the visible, top level. Chemical peels rely on solutions to remove one or more layers of skin. Microdermabrasion sloughs off skin using a diamond tipped wand. Laser resurfacing relies on a beam of light. (This is why laser skin resurfacing is also called skin photorejuvenation.)
The recovery time required for each type of treatment can vary from no downtime to several weeks of healing. Dr. Sullivan will explain the recovery time needed when describing the types of skin resurfacing procedures available. Select a procedure below for more information:
What Customers are saying…
More Than Happy – Columbus, OH
Again Dr. Sullivan is the best of the best. He came highly recommended and that is no surprise once you meet him because his credentials are impressive, former head of facial plastic surgery at OSU, but additionally he is a kind, honest, and professional. I would recommend him and the practice to anyone and everyone!
Los Angeles, California Native, Relocated to Columbus for Work -Columbus, OH
The best place for skin care and cosmetic surgery in Columbus, Ohio. Native, Los Angeles,Ca. Cary E. Kenner.
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing
- “Will laser resurfacing make my skin smooth?”
- “How can I fix acne scarring?”
- “How long will my skin be red following laser resurfacing?”
- “How can I get rid of age spots?”
- “Is laser refurfacing painful?”
- “Will laser resurfacing change the color of my skin?”
- “When can I wear make-up after laser resurfacing?”
- “How much does CO2 laser resurfacing cost?”
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
- Plasma Resurfacing
- Ultra Light Plasma Series