There are often options that come along with a breast implant deflation. If you are unhappy with your breast implant size, a breast implant deflation may be an opportunity to change sizes. If you want to change from saline implant to silicone implants, a breast implant deflation may make this more affordable.
How can I tell if my saline breast implant is deflated?
You will notice that one breast is either completely flat or the upper part of the breast has changed and is smaller than its counterpart.
What you should do if you have a deflated saline breast implant:
- Do not panic. Although a major inconvenience, this is not a medical emergency.
- Contact Sullivan Centre during office hours to schedule an appointment. During this appointment, Dr. Sullivan will discuss your options
- Do not take any over the counter medications that contain aspirin products as this may delay surgery. Tylenol products do not contain aspirin and are Ok to use.
- Think about your breast size prior to your office appointment. Are you happy with the size?
- If you have saline breast implants, would you consider changing to silicone?
- You can “stuff “your bras with an old bathing suit insert to even out your breasts.
What we will do if your breast implant deflates:
- We will schedule an office visit as soon as possible. Although there is not an immediate health concern with saline a deflated implant, we understand that it is emotionally uncomfortable.
- We will provide you with a small implant to place in your bra until you have your breast implant replacement surgery.
- We will contact the implant manufacturer and determine if you have any implant financial warranty available.
- We will provide you with a fee schedule and assist you in scheduling your procedure as quickly as possible.
The Sullivan Difference
We know that you want to look and feel your best. Our goal is to understand your motivation and priorities and then educate, advise, and guide you to the optimal solution. Our personalized approach begins with a consultation with Dr. Christine Sullivan, a renowned plastic surgeon with more than 30 years of experience, who takes the time to listen to your concerns and works with you to determine the best approach to get the results you desire. From initial consultation through recovery, our staff is always ready to answer your questions and address your concerns.